Monday, January 14, 2013

DO CLUBS AND SIGNIFICANT OTHERS MIX?



I can’t even lie. Throughout my 20’s I have gotten it in!! Gotten it in meaning, I have popped bottles with the best of em, have been to every party DC has had to offer, Miami, Atlanta, and a few states in between ,everything from Homecomings, to All Star Games to wining and dining with celebrities, your girl has been the Club Queen! I also will admit to loving every minute of it. Yep, that’s right- I loved nothing more than getting all done up and heading out to a night out on the town with my girls where we literally danced the night away! Now me and my girls, we are the Dancers. We don’t go to parties to stand around and look “cute” or act shy, if the music is playing , please believe we are Wobbling, Backing it Up, Two Stepping, and Pop Lock and Dropping It! All in the name of fun! We go out to have a good time, not to meet men .

 Now that my Roaring Twenties are coming to a rapid close I must admit that I am becoming the person with whom I never identified, yes the person who does not HAVE to be in the club every weekend like it’s a second job! LOL. My mother told me it would slow down in my late 20’s and she was right! Nowadays, the effort required to get dressed, race to DC, and then come home at some Godforsaken hour to do it all again the next night, just does not appeal to me as much. Afterall, the scene now is drastically different, a lot of the “hot spots” in DC that we went to are no longer open or the crowd is just far too young, or in some cases too old. I find myself still enjoying the scene on a special occasion like a birthday, or of course if someone has a table, but to go “out”  just to go ..wellll it’s not that serious for me anymore. I would much rather be home relaxing or doing something equally fun but chill, or even not so chill, be with a boo thang, or just reading a good book, especially in these winter months!  I’m even at the point where I prefer to party with a Significant Other than without. Now this of course is if he likes to dance , if he doesn’t , no point in torturing him on a dance floor. I’ve actually only seriously dated one guy who loved to dance as much as me and was actually a great dancer. We had this crazy magnetic chemistry on the dance floor and would be in our own little world. We didn’t club together often, but when we did it was great.
 I always admired those older couples that still go out dancing with each other every week. If anyone used to be a chronic frequenter of Club Love in Washington, DC or The Park,then they would have noticed this older couple who would literally be in the club every weekend with us young folk. I remember thinking what the hell are they doing in here, they seem so out of place, but when someone asked them they said all of their kids were grown and they both just loved to dance with each other and used to go out and dance the night away "back in the day". I said well if that’s what makes them happy and how they keep their bond tight, who am I to judge?? With that being said I looked back over my clubbing experience and realized my best clubbing days have been done mainly with my girls because either a.) I was single or B.)My guy didn't like to dance and couldn't dance even if he tried or, C.) My guy preferred to go to the club weekly with his boys without me. 
 
 My question is- At what point do you party with your Significant Other or do clubs and boyfriends/girlfriends and boo thangs NOT  mix?  

Share your stories!





 

3 comments:

  1. I totally know the couple you are talking about. I'm sure they still go out and dance the night away still to this day. But to answer your question, it may depend on the couple and your level of friendship with your significant other. Back in the day I thought boo thangs and clubbing didnt mix. It seemed like having the ball and chain slowed me down. But my boyfriend and I really didnt have a solid friendship. But now that times have changed I would love to have a night on the town with my boo (well if I had one). But thats only if he was as social as I was. Some ppl are just homebodies and dont enjoy the night life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife & I completely enjoy having a night out in the city and dancing the night away. Nothing wrong with that, and is actually more fun than when I was single and used to hit the scene with the fellas in my opinion. Love taking wifey out, having a fun time 2 steppin and dancing the night away, showing her off of course, and getting intimate when going back home ...if the energy level is still there.

    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a serious and deep article. It makes you think... when is enough, enough? How much clubbing do we need? Women go to the club to find a man or significant other and men go to the club to get it in or just dance (Have Fun). It's true women tend to mature quicker than men. I don't see 50 year old women in the club like I see 50 year old men in the club. Honestly other than playing video games or playing ball, men don't have any other activties to do together other than going to club. Women do book clubs, have get togethers and plenty of various activities other than the club. Men have strong bonds between each other, especially if you know someone for a long time (No Homo). As for that guy that you like. If you treat him nice and met him half way with the club thing he will club with you more. Maybe he doesn't want to club with you because he got to pay for everything everytime he see you. Taking a woman out is expensive. Trust me! If a lady offers to pay for drinks or contribute to any bill, a man that really cares for you will notice. Your relationship will be fruitful!

    ReplyDelete