Monday, February 4, 2013

THREE'S COMPANY!

Dear Diary,
 
My girl Tina decided that she wanted to hook me up once again with the friend of a friend last week. I reluctantly went along with it, why not I thought to myself, I may meet a nice friend if nothing else. So last night, "Mr. New Friend" asked me if I wanted to meet him at this resturant Zengha Chloe for Happy Hour after work in D.C. I said Sure ,no problem. I told him that I got off work at 5:00 and could be there at 5:15 since I worked so close to Zengha. He said that he could just pick me up after work since he worked close to me as well. Thinking this was a nice gesture, I agreed.   After I got in the car, he said he had to make a stop. I'm thinking okay maybe he has to get gas or maybe even some gum at a convenience store.WRONG!
 
He proceeds to the Verizon Center and said he had to drop off Wizards tickets to his friend. I still don't think anything of it because the Verizon Center is very close to Zengha Chloe.  However, when we get to the Verizon Center, instead of getting out of the car, he sits there and calls his boy. His boy walks up to the car five minutes later and gets in the backseat. I say hi to the friend and am thinking that he is going to drop his boy off at the train. UMM NO , his friend proceeds to walk into Zengha Chloe with us! At this point, I'm pissed because why are three of us out on a first date together?? Who does this?? We order drinks and light appetizers and make painful, akward, small talk. At the end of the meal, "Mr. New Friend" proceeds to tell me that he doesn't feel like driving me back to my car at work because he has already paid for parking underneath the Verizon Center and him and his boy are staying to watch the Wizards game that night. Inside I am fuming, but I am holding it all together when he says that. He then offers for him and his boy to WALK me the few blocks to my car. When we get to my car he asks me for a ride BACK to the Verizon Center so he can catch the game.  I look at him like he's crazy, get in the car, and speed off. Needless to say I never saw or spoke to that loser again.

9 comments:

  1. Lmao! Smh.... why didn't he just say what his plans were from the beginning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's Gay! You should have passed on the drinks and let them have their date together. You were the third wheel. Shame on you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he's just not that into you...or maybe he is.....
    I don't see a real problem here: It is ya'lls first time hanging out...although it was a "date" to you perhaps it was just a hangout session to him...and maybe he invited his friend along to ease into it and release the pressure. His mistakes lies in the fact that he should have told you another person would be attending therefore giving you the opportunity to invite one/some of your friend(s) as well....the blindside move was a little immature. Nevertheless, I don't see why you feel as though you should never contact dude again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talk about wild. What is even wilder is the comment made by Anonymous. I read this letter twice just to make sure I didn't miss out on any information that the writer might have left out prior to meeting this man. However, if her friend hooked them up, Im sure homeboy already peeped out what she looked like before he made plans to hangout. There is wayy too much technically out there to not get a picture of somebody these days. And the writer did not mention anything about this being a "blind date." The man...I'm sorry let me rephrase..the boy is a jerk. He was wrong. Men don't do that to women they are trying to get to know and pursue. And you are right, he should have been clear to her about his plan from the start so she could prepare herself for the outcome, but he didn't and his actions towards her the whole evening were rude and direspectful. Good for her for not contacting him back.

      Delete
  4. A heads up to the plans would have been nice. Smh, stay positive, keep it moving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and well said India, plenty more fish in the sea. No point wasting time on men who don't know what they want when Mr Right is out there waiting for you! Dating Services In UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that mindset at Dating Services in the UK! It is THE mindset to have when dating.

    ReplyDelete