Tuesday, May 31, 2011

THE COOKOUT

So B and I have been good friends for a while now. We had this weird chemistry/connection thing going on where we flirt with one another allllll the time, kiss here and there, hang out all the time, all my friends know him and his friends know me, but we never really took it there took it there. Anytime he has an event or get together he always invites me, so one summer day I get a call from Tony who is a mutual acquaintance, and he asks if I’m going to B’s cookout? What cookout I’m thinking in my mind? "Umm the big one B has every summer," he says "Um yea I’ll be there," I tell Tony hanging up.

I quicky text B like dag you’re having a cookout and I don’t get an invite? What’s up? He immediately calls me and is like, " Oh no I could’ve sworn so and so facebooked you the invite." Mind you 1. B doesn’t even have a Facebook page himself, 2. I’m not even friends with so and so on Facebook or in real life so WTF????? "Naw he didn’t," I reply. "Why didn’t you tell me yourself?" I ask. "Oh I thought I did babes. Of course you are invited!" Pause. (We JUST spoke the night before and he asked me what I was doing this day, never mentioning this cookout! Guess I’m boo boo the fool!!) "Matter of fact, you better come," he says!! "No no if u don’t want me there just tell me," I reply. "Girl stop playing.You better be there!"

"Okay, I’ll see you tonight," I say and hang up!

I immediately call my bestie and am like gurrrl we gotta go to B’s house for his secret cookout tonight. HE’s definitely hiding something and I have a feeling I know what it is!! “ We in there,” says bestie hanging up the phone!

That night we roll up to B’s house..the place is packed ..cars everywhere we have to park two blocks over. We walk up to the house all the homies and then some are there. "Hey , hey," we say to everyone making our way inside the backyard. We’re chilling mingling still see no signs of B , but it is his house so we’ll see him eventually. "I’m hungry," bestie says "let’s go to the kitchen and get something to eat since all the food out here is cold." So we make our way to the kitchen and are fixing our plates when I hear B laughing as he walks into the kitchen. He stops dead in his tracks and is looking like a deer in highlights. "Hey,"I say "Heeey," he says awkwardly. I look behind him and there she is..WIFEY I guess because she is holding his hand and pressed into his back for dear life. Inside I'm laughing like AHA this is why I didn’t get the invite. He barely even acknowledges bestie who he is very cool with any other time , probably becayse he knows she tells it like it is. "You not gonna speak B," bestie asks? "Oh hey hun," he says still standing stock still. Mind you any other time I would’ve gotten a hug and kiss and bestie would’ve gotten a hug by now. "Okay well the fires under this food are out and it's cold," she says. Wifey or whoever she is just stands there like she is attached to this mans hip and is completely oblivious to the rest of us. If she would get off his back and light this fire we may have some warm food I'm thinking .SMH. "Okay" he says and walks out the door holding hands with wifey and wifey traiking behind him like a puppy dog. "WTF" bestie aks . "You know what it is," I say.

Not sure why he felt he had to “hide” his relationship status when we're not kickin it that hard ..SMH. Of course the next day I get a call apologizing for him not being able to spend time with me because it was so much going on… blah blah.."Do you boo we're all grown, no need to explain," I calmy reply.
"Matter of fact I'm going to take you out to dinner this week," he says. "Sure, why not?" I reply. "Long as dining with me doesn’t get you in trouble!! "

No comments:

Post a Comment