Tuesday, May 10, 2011

WHEN IT ALL FALLS DOWN!

It was the night of the Trey Songz and Usher concert and it seemed like everybody and their mama was going to this concert, except me!! Now at first I didn’t want to go, but after the tenth text from someone asking if I was going I was mad I didn’t purchase tickets! Around 4:55 pm just as I’m getting ready to leave the office I receive yet another text asking if I was going to the show. Well this time the text is from Mr. New Guy whom I met at a party a few weeks ago. Hey are you going to the show he asks?? Unfortunately not, I reply. I really wanted to go but didn’t get tickets. Frowny face! Aww that’s too bad, he responds, because I’m going up there! Well have fun,I replied dejectedly packing my little basgs and heading out. We hang up the phone and I walk out of the office. Not even ten minutes after I hang up Mr. New Guy calls back and is like hey I have a suite so if you want to come to the show you are more than welcome. Oh my gosh are you serious?? I ask. Yea he says. Matter of fact just meet me up there I’ll leave the tickets at Will Call. Okay I say hanging up. Aww how sweet of him are the first thoughts running through my head. Then I slow down and say hold up. He’s leaving the tickets at Will Call? ??? What if he’s lying and has me on a wild goose chase! This has happened once before where a guy told me he had some exclusive tickets to an Inauguration event and me being pressed to see the newly elected President got out of my warm bed on a cold winter morning and rushed to the Convention Center all to have the guy tell me Oops my bad I wasn’t able to get the tickets but still wanted to see you. But I digress!


Okay get it together I say rushing home. Lord what am I going to wear??? I find some sexy black number and hightail myself down to the Verizon Center before my good fortune runs out! I get there and sure enough my tickets are at Will Call! Whew so glad I don’t have to cuss a ninja out tonight! I knock on the door not knowing what the heck I’m walking into and Mr. Nice Guy answers. The suite is pretty packed, a couple of Wizards players and some chicks. Of course as soon as I get in Trey is just getting off the stage, but no biggie, I’ve seen him before. At this point I’m starving since I rushed from work and didn’t get a chance to eat. Mr. New Guy offers me some wings and a drink, Sure I say gobbling that food down..lol. By the time Usher comes onto the stage I’m on drink number two feeling good. Mr. New Guy and I are vibing, laughing, joking, everyone in the suite is singing and dancing to Ursh. Again I’m feeling great at this point.

No sooner had Usher left the stage and most of the people in the suite left…NO CAN’T BE… I feel my stomach rumbling and belllcccccccccccccccccchhhhhh up comes all of my drink and food! Wait this cant be happeing I think doubled over on the floor..blllllllllllllllllllllllllwwww out comes more! Oh no is she alright some girl screams! No No not me I say and blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh okay now this is serious! I am in the middle of a suite with a man I barley know..Wizards players and I’m puking my guts up! Floor open up and swallow me whole now please!! Hey babe come to the bathroom and get it out Mr. New Guy says rubbing my back. Somehow we make it to the bathroom where I finish handling my business..smh. OMG I’m sooo sorry I say getting up on wobbly legs. It’s okay sweetheart don’t worry about it Mr. New Guy says grabbing me and helping me walk out the suite and down the stairs to the garage. Why me I say whhhhyyyyyyyyyy? No sooner had he seated me in the car I throw up again on the side of the car..yep right in the garage! Okay someone is playing a cruel cruel joke on me. To make matters worse I was supposed to meet my girls after the show and my phone has blacked out for some reason and won’t come back on. In the midst of my gutfest MR. New Guy is being the perfect nice guy rubbing my back telling me it’s going to be okay. He asks me where I parked and drives me to my car. Are you sure you can drive home he asks. I’m sure I say. Last thing I need is to be passed out in some strange man’s home I don’t know inebriated and sick as a dog! It’s bad enough he even sees me in this condition on our second encounter!

Somehow, someway I managed to make my way home. And guess what, Mr. New Guy called the next day to ask me on another date!

1 comment:

  1. aw i love the refreshing stories, though this date was bitter sweet.

    ReplyDelete