Thursday, August 23, 2012

JAILBATE!!

I met David outside of my office building one afternoon as I was walking to my car in the parking lot. He was tall, dark, and handsome and had a smile that lit up the already bright parking lot! We exchanged telephone numbers and went on about our day. The next day David called and we had a brief, but funny, conversation. He asked if I was available Friday evening for dinner and I said yes. That Friday he picked me up at my house and we drove to the Cheesecake Factory and had dinner. David was dressed nicely and we ordered heartily from the drink, appetizer, and dinner menu. At this point, I was feeling him, he was down to earth, and funny, two qualities that are sometimes hard to come by these days! By the end of dinner I was certain we would go out again!

 When we both finished eating our dessert the waiter placed the bill on the table. David smiled at me and in a very calm, non-chalant voice said, “Oh no, I don’t have my wallet.” “Excuse me?” I said as I looked at our hundred dollar bill. “I’m sorry sweetie but I don’t have my wallet,” he said again withOUT remorse. “Oh ok, that’s too bad but I will just pay my portion of the bill then,” I replied. All sorts of things were racing through my head, like is this man serious, and does he really think he can pull this type of move on me and expect to get away with it??? The fact that he remained so calm when he said it and didn’t offer any apologies or seem embarrassed let me know this was a game he was running and he thought I was about to fall for it.

When the waiter came back I immediately explained the situation and told him that I would pay my portion of the bill but that was it. David remained calm and tried to tell the waiter that he did not have any money whatsoever to pay the remainder of the bill so therefore he would not be paying. The waiter  got his manager who walked over to the table to see what was going on. As the situation escalated I decided right then and there that I would call a friend of mine to come pick me up. I told David that I had to use the restroom and politely excused myself to the bathroom to call my friend. In that instance I knew I was not returning to the table to get caught up in that nonsense. As I made my way back to the front of the restaurant to wait for my friend, I saw two police officers heading towards the table where David was sitting and next  thing I know they begin putting him in handcuffs. I shook my head in disbelief, I couldn’t believe it, I had gone on my first and last date with JAILBAIT!

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha.... I normally come on here to defend he fellas since most of the stories and comments are strictly from the female point of view. Unfortunately, there's no defending ol' boy. This is merely comedy at its finest! I would gladly pay a lump sum of my hard earned American currency to see a dude getting locked up at the Cheesecake Factory for a delinquent bill as his date walked out of the door!!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do we have a 2nd? I 2nd this comment...do we have a 3rd?

      Delete
  2. This story is good. What type of guy goes on a date and forgets his wallet?!? Let's not forget the man was also driving with no license. SMDH. Kudos to the writer of this story. This man was waiting for her to say "oh that's okay, I will cover it." She politely excuse herself and bounced meanwhile he getting locked up. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I dont believe this so this fool didnt even have his license or anything? What a loser...too damn old for this type of behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are bold and did the right thing. That is why on first dates going to eat is not suggested and before you eat you both should have talked about who is paying. You must had several drinks each and expensive for for your bill to be over $100 at Cheesecake Factory. Next first date, just stink to one glass of wine and a moderate dinner unless he tells you its on him and you can have whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete